Thursday, February 7, 2008

Happy Chinese New Year!

Today's the first day of Chinese New Year. Too bad I am not in Kuching to celebrate CNY with relatives and friends. However I still want to thank God for my parents who are with me in Adelaide to celebrate CNY. Nothing much in Adelaide today. It's still a working day but a different day in Chinatown. Most of the shops invite the lion dance team to their shops to perform. Guess what I saw? I saw an angmoh in the team. He played the drum and the cymbals. Haha.... Angmoh also interested in lion dance. There are firecrackers which are really loud(5 times louder than the ones in Kuching). Most restaurants in Chinatown are full and half of their customers are Australians. This concludes that Australians love Chinese food.
This is my first time celebrating CNY in an angmoh place. Though there's no CNY mood, I still thank God for His blessings as I can spend CNY with my parents. Mnay of the students don't get to celebrate with their parents.

I wish everybody a blessed new year. May all grow fruitfully in the love of Christ!

No comments: