Monday, February 11, 2008

I miss the food in Kuching

After being here for two weeks, I have already miss kolo mee, laksa, kueh chap, char kueh and the list goes on. How I wish someone can send me a bowl of kolo mee or kueh chap.

Though there are many kinds of food sold here(Asian and Western), I still miss the local food in Kuching. I notice that people here love to drink cola and coffee. Every morning, you can see a lot of people and some students carrying a cup of coffee in their hands while walking to offices or school. The portion served in most food court and restaurants is big. Mcdonald and Hungry Jack(Aus version of Burger King) are famous here but not in Kuching. KFC and Pizza Hut are less popular among the locals but in Kuching, they are.

The weather here can be very extreme at times. Sometimes too cold or too hot. My skin and lips are itching and cracking due to the dryness of the environment. Hopefully can get use to it as soon as possible. With God's help, I CAN!!!!

2 comments:

miss Ting said...

u no pic?send me the pic we took in the airport to my msn mail!!!

Elaine said...

Ok. =D